The Best Way To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Plymouth Home
While most spiders are more of a nuisance than a threat, you still don’t want a spider infestation in your Plymouth home. Unfortunately, spiders can breed quickly once inside a home, so without proper spider control, you could end up with hundreds of spiders. If you need professional pest control in Plymouth to get rid of spiders, schedule an inspection with Combat Pest Control today.
Common Species Of Spiders Found In Plymouth
There are about 45 unique species of spiders found in nature-rich Massachusetts, and many of these can be seen in Plymouth.
Some of the most common spiders found in Plymouth properties are:
- Fishing spiders: This kind of spider is semi-aquatic and prefers to live by ponds and lakes.
- House spiders: They have long, skinny legs and little comb-like hairs. They are usually yellowish brown with off-white abdomens.
- Jumping spiders: These spiders are usually black or dark brown. They have compact bodies and short legs.
- Orb weavers: Commonly found in gardens or fields. Some of these spiders are brightly colored and spotted. Their appearance varies, but they all spin large, circular webs.
- Wolf spiders: These spiders are hairy and are usually brown in color, providing a natural camouflage effect. They chase down their prey instead of catching it in webs.
If you see any of the common spiders in Massachusetts listed above around your Plymouth property, we recommend you seek professional pest control near you.
Most Spiders Are More Of A Nuisance Than A Danger
While the majority of spiders in Massachusetts are harmless spiders, this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t take spider control seriously. A spider infestation in Plymouth can become a nuisance, and trying to get rid of hundreds of spiders on your own can be costly and stressful. In fact, do-it-yourself spider control methods usually don’t work and are more costly than going to a professional pest control company. To fully get rid of spiders and reclaim your home space, contact Combat Pest Control today.
How To Identify And Remove Factors That Attract Spiders Into Your Home
In order to successfully get rid of a spider infestation, it is important to identify what makes your home attractive to spiders in the first place. While you’ll probably need professional help to exterminate a current infestation of spiders in your house, there are different prevention tips that you can follow to avoid getting spiders in your home.
The tips below can help you remove factors that attract spiders into your Plymouth home:
- Declutter your basement and garage to eliminate areas spiders can hide.
- Sweep away any spider webs you find both inside your home and out to discourage spiders from sticking around.
- Keep your home clean, dusted, and tidy.
- Seal any entry points into the house to prevent spiders and their pest prey from coming inside.
- Remove other pests from the house, as spiders will enter homes where there are insects to hunt.
- Turn off your lights at night, as this attracts insects that, in turn, attract spiders.
In addition to the tips above, we suggest you schedule a home inspection in Plymouth with a professional pest control service near you.
Quality Pest Control Makes The Best Spider Control
If you are looking for the best way to get rid of spiders in Plymouth, Combat Pest Control is Plymouth’s local solution. Our team of experts will help you create and implement a comprehensive pest extermination plan that works in the long run. We will start by performing a thorough home inspection to locate any entry points and signs of spider activity. Then, we’ll discuss treatment options with you to find the one that best suits your needs. We’ll proceed to applying treatments, as well as provide follow-up visits to help you keep a spider-free home. Contact Combat Pest Control today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Plymouth, and say goodbye to spiders for good!