The Ultimate Guide To Mouse Control And Prevention In Plymouth
Plymouth homeowners are no strangers to mice. Mouse infestations are an increasing phenomenon all over the country and Plymouth is no exception. Mice prefer to live in large families, and once they move into your home they will immediately seek to increase their numbers. Mice can be destructive and can also import disease-causing pathogens into your home.
If you need pest control in Plymouth, Combat Pest Control is the company you need to call. We know pest control, and we can help.
Identifying A Mouse Problem In Your House
Given that mice can cause problems around your house, the best method for mouse prevention is early identification.
Here are some ways to tell if you have a mouse infestation in your Plymouth home:
- Chewed holes: Mice tend to chew through containers to explore what is on the inside.
- Gnaw marks: Mice also tend to gnaw on things during the course of their explorations.
- Fur: Mice can leave fur behind in areas they frequently visit.
- Droppings: Mice tend to leave dark, rice-like droppings in places they frequent. Finding mouse droppings in your home is a definite indicator of a mouse infestation.
These are some of the ways that you can identify mouse infestations. The best way to get rid of mice is to call Combat Pest Control for effective mouse control in Plymouth.
The Damage And Dangers Mice Can Create Around Your Home
Mice can contaminate any stored food they interact with, and they can chew through almost any food container given time. Mice can also chew holes in your walls and siding. They are well known for damaging home insulation while building their nests. Mice can trigger severe allergies in susceptible individuals. Worst of all, however, is the fact that mice can introduce dangerous pathogens into your home. Mice are associated with hantavirus, leptospirosis, tularemia, salmonellosis, and Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). Mice can spread these things on your counters, furniture, and dinnerware simply by walking across them. You can get exposed without ever seeing a mouse.
If mice are infesting your Plymouth property, Combat Pest Control is the best way to get rid of mice. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you.
Five Natural Ways To Prevent Mice In Your House
Given that mice can cause a lot of problems in your house and may potentially expose you to dangerous pathogens, here are some ways to decrease your chances of having to deal with mice:
- Seal garbage tightly: Mice are highly attracted to exposed garbage and the opportunities for free food that it offers. Seal garbage tightly to avoid attracting mice.
- Eliminate clutter: Mice are highly attracted to clutter and will both explore it and build nests in it. Eliminating clutter can discourage mice from moving onto your property.
- Seal your home: Mice will exploit any opening in your home to come inside. Seal your house well to prevent mice from coming inside and staying.
- Store food properly: Mice are drawn to food inside your house, especially when it is loosely stored and easy to access. Tightly seal all stored food to decrease food opportunities for mice.
- Keep a clean house: Mice are highly drawn to dirty environments, whether it be outside or inside your home. Clean environments tend to discourage mice from coming over and staying.
If mice have come into your house, contact Combat Pest Control. We know how to get rid of mice, and we can help you get rid of yours.
The Best Way To Get The Mice Out Of Your House For Good
Mice are hardy, opportunistic pests, and once a mouse infestation is established it can be hard to eliminate. Leave mouse extermination to the experts. We know mouse control, and we can help you get rid of your mice as well. Reach out today to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Plymouth.